I got nominated by Jocelyn for the ❤ One Lovely Blog Award ❤. This came up as a surprise for me because I don’t really think my blog is “lovely”. I use it as a way to convey my thoughts and feelings but also to organize the mess in my head, in a way, I feel like my blog is even messier haha..
So what’s the One Lovely Blog Award? Like all the other blog awards out there, it’s an initiative to reward all those great blogs in the infinite web, to show appreciation and support to those bloggers that keep feeding your hunger of reading (if I may use this metaphor). But I also like to think that it’s an opportunity to know about those bloggers since you are asked to share more about who you are and promote every blog since you’re also asked to nominate many others.
Now, to the rules :
I would like to thank the blogger Jocelyn of She Who Hears for nominating me. In her blog, Jocelyn writes about her struggle and recovering of drug addiction, her favorite songs, books ; here and there, you may read some of her original stories and poetry. It’s a really interesting blog and most of her shared experiences are honest and open (which I like), after all, she even inspired my latest story You’re everywhere (don’t know if I mentioned it already), fortunately her ending is different. Anyway thank you very much Jocelyn, it kinda took me off guard but it makes me really happy 😊.
So 7 facts (and more, can go up to 15) about myself :
- I suffer from depression 🤐. It has been this way since I was really young, a child.
- I enjoy writing 🤗. I’ve been doing it since I was a child too. I have a lot of old notebooks filled with my thoughts and writings but also drafts of book on my computer.
- If you read my blog then you already got a hint of that, I have a very bad relationship with my father 😡who I qualify as irresponsible and harmful to my sanity.
- My favorite color is yellow 💛. But I don’t only see it as a color, it has been an obsession for me, I even wrote a fairytale story about it for my essay exam when I was in my last year of middle school (I got a good grade BTW 😏).
- I’m truly lazy😅. More than an adjective, it has become my lifestyle and in order to not have to quit it, I’ve became a fast and efficient worker (getting all of my work properly and correctly done before enjoying the happiness of doing nothing 🙃).
- I’m in love with my natural coily hair 😘, which obviously implies that yes, I’m black 😊.
- I’m a religious and spiritual catholic😇. It doesn’t matter what I say or do, at the end of the day, I still fear and love God who I’m very grateful to. If I did wrong, I will ask for His forgiveness and at least, pray once a day (even if I only do the sign of the cross). I was also consecrated to Virgin Mary who I am devoted to, as much as it can get since she’s only human.
- The most obvious one, I’m a woman👩 (a young one at that since I’m only 22🙄).
- I, sometimes, feel like I was born in the wrong era 🏰. I would have loved to exist earlier than the second millennium (although I do reconsider this when I think of how really hard it would have been on me since I’m dark skinned, probably would have been a slave somewhere on this planet).
- I enjoy dyeing my hair 😍. Dark purple, red, dark green, black blue, light brown, blond highlights… and grey soon. I love seeing my hair in a different color than others but also shining vividly under the sun (I do have to keep it on check though since my workplace wouldn’t agree to any more colorful than that.).
- I love to read🤓. Again since I was a child, although the genres I read the most change but I can’t spend a day without reading something whether it’s a post, a manga, a novel, a book, a whole saga…
I, hereby, also nominated thee to the ❤One Lovely Blog Award ❤
- Whilst sipping coffee…
- Levi Talks
- Chaste A Rainbow
- The Classic Feminine Woman
- shekhar’s Digest
- Internal Basis
- Beautiful Ashes
- I Put The Ass In Sassy
- A Narcissist Writes Letters, To Himself (On a hiatus though but I’d like to nominate him anyway.)
I very much enjoy reading here and there on these blogs. Somehow their writings resonate within me, most of them are somehow related to me though : what I like or feel (depression, poetry, photographs, hair, God, etc. ..). You are not obligated to respond to the award but it would be awesome if you accept it and follow the rules.